The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science technology education students, therefore, helping students to meet the needs of the health care community.
Important Club Information
Meeting Dates: First Thursday of the month in the Lecture Hall at 3:45, first Friday of the month at 7:45 a.m. in room 425.
Participation: HOSA Points are awarded for participation in events and students must meet point requirements for various activities: Must have 15 points by December to go to regional competition. Must have 25 points by March 25 to go to state competition. Seniors must have 50 points to qualify for graduation cords. Cumberland Science Museum field trip = 50 points; Bodies Exhibit field trip = 100 points. Member with the highest number of points will be named “Member of the Year”, and will have their name placed on the plaque in the health science lab. Senior member with the highest points will receive $500 scholarship.
- Students participating in HOSA competition are expected to be responsible students and should not have been assigned ISS/OSS for any reason.
- Students may not compete if they are on the ICU list the day of competition.
- Students will be removed from competition if they do not have the required amount of HOSA points prior to the deadline for competition.
- Since HOSA requires advance, non-refundable fees for competition, no refunds will be given if a student decides not to compete or becomes ineligible to compete.
- Students competing will be responsible for all fees including registration, hotel, travel, etc that are not raised through fundraising efforts.
- Failure to return documentation by deadlines will cause the student to be ineligible for competition.
Dues Information: $40.00
Criteria for Joining
The student must be...
enrolled in a Health Science pathway class or be a pathway completer (have completed three classes in the pathway).