Shmoop is a wonderful tool that Rutherford County Schools has purchased for all of the students and teachers in our district. It has Test Prep practice and online courses that can help you prepare for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, ACT Plan, and state assessments as well as courses to help you with individual skills and standards that you may be struggling with in class.
Your password is your 7 digit state ID number (lunch number)
You will need the "magic word" provided by your school. Mrs. Evans will be emailing this word out to you. If you don't receive the email, contact Mrs. Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to use our school's login page at:
Once you get logged in, go to your Dashboard. From there, you can use the bar at the top of the screen to navigate to different areas of the site.
- Test Prep - choose ACT to take an ACT diagnostic test, 7 full ACT practice test, access Drills for specific skills, etc. Test Prep also contains prep pages for all AP tests as well as PSAT and SAT.
- High School - Contains the AP course test prep, Courses with help for any content you're learning in class, Essay Lab to help with your writing, and Response to Intervention (RTI) which will help you catch up on skills you may not have mastered in past grades.
- Middle School & Elementary - just in case you need to revisit some essential skills
- Courses - Links to not only class content, but also novels, short stories, civic lessons, and many other interesting things you may want to learn about (like Internet Research, Computer Basics, Organization, Intro to Python [coding languages], etc.) Check it out ... a lot of interesing things here!
- Videos - Videos for pretty much anything you need to learn about ... and they are all hilariously funny, no boring documentaries on Shmoop!