Dr. Clark Harrell and the faculty of Stewarts Creek High School are proud to announce the Stewarts Creek Fine Arts Academy, launching in the Fall of 2020.
The Fine Arts Academy is a conservatory-style education within Stewarts Creek High School, offering students a focused study in the Arts while enjoying the benefits of a comprehensive high school. The Stewarts Creek Fine Arts Academy will include
- A process-based curriculum, focusing on collaboration and student leadership;
- Specialized Fine Arts courses in addition to performance and studio-based classes;
- Dual-Enrollment classes in the Fine Arts;
- Weekly performance opportunities for Fine Arts students;
- Monthly seminars on Fine Arts topics with distinguished faculty and guest artists;
- Bi-annual field trips for Fine Arts students to visit professional artist performers;
As a part of the Fine Arts Academy, Stewarts Creek will offer the Artist Certificate, a four-year diploma program that offers the highest-achieving students guided opportunities for growth, such as
- Monthly advisory sessions for Certificate applicants with Stewarts Creek Arts faculty;
- Yearly performance evaluations;
- An online Arts portfolio;
- A senior Capstone Recital/Portfolio juried by Stewarts Creek faculty;
- A gateway to post-secondary study via Priority Registration to our Partner Colleges/Universities;
- Increased scholarship opportunities;
- A college-level Arts education in high school!
An informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8pm in the Red Hawk Theater, immediately following the Freshmen Orientation. Please visit www.CreekFineArts.com for more information.