College Scholarships 2017-2018
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- True Blue Haiku Contest- April 6, 2018 ($500) Three scholarships will be awarded to SCHS students who are currently enrolled at MTSU for the Fall 2018 semester. Include your haiku, M#, and prospective major. Applications due to Mrs. Byrd in the counseling office.
- Blackman Community Club Scholarship- July 31, 2018 ($750) The Blackman Community Club would like to honor graduating senior(s) of Blackman High School and Stewart’s Creek High School with a $750 scholarship to be used towards a university, college, or technical school to further their education. We want to recognize this individual for their commitment to servicing our wonderful community. *Application attached at bottom of web page.
- Stop Texting & Driving Scholarship - April 2, 2018 ($1,000) High School Juniors, Seniors, and full- time college students will create videos that help the fight against distracted driving.
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- Shannon L. Martin Scholarship- April 1, 2018 Female, high school seniors in Rutherford Co. planning on attending a four-year college/ university, or a two-year community college.
- Big Sun Scholarship- June 19, 2018 ($500) The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Opens January 1, 2018 and closes March 31, 2018 ($500 to $5000)The HSF Scholarship is designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree.
- AES Engineering Scholarship- October 6, 2018 ($500) Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question: When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women- Quarterly Deadlines: January 1, March 31st, June 30th, and September 30th every year ($1,000) Must be a female, graduating high school senior.
- Sheltia S. Murray Scholarship- April 28, 2018 ($1000) The Sheltia S. Murray Scholarship will be awarded to a student who will be a Freshman in the Fall semester with a 3.0 minimum GPA and a minimum ACT score of 22.
- Middle Tennessee Association of Realtors Scholarship- April 6, 2018 This scholarship can be applied toward any accredited 2 or 4-year college whose physical campus is located within Bedford, Cannon, Franklin, Grundy, Marion, Moore, and Rutherford counties.
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarships- May 31, 2018 ($1000-$2000) high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- The A&F Scholarship- June 14, 2018 ($1,000) Available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarships- March 31, 2018 Applicants must be an African-American student, male or female, be enrolled as a full time high school senior in a Rutherford County high school. 3.0 GPA/ 21 ACT.
Junior League of Murfreesboro Scholarship- April 1, 2018 The young woman should be entering college in the fall of 2018 and have a 3.25 or higher grade average. The award of $1,500.00 is granted for one semester and is renewable for an additional seven semesters, or a potential total of $12,000.
AVEDA Institute Full Scholarship- April 8, 2018 Write a 500-word essay about why you are interested in cosmetology and want to pursue your education at the AVEDA Institute.
Rutherford Education Association Scholarship- April 24, 2018 ($1000) A minimum GPA of 3.0. Typed, double-spaced essay of 300-350 words addressing the question: What qualities are present in an exceptional educator? Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers or coaches speaking to the student’s character and potential as an educator. Official copy of transcript including ACT score, SAT score, or both. Student must major in education in college.
Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship- April 15 & October 15 ($500) Carefully research and compose an essay style Adobe Photoshop tutorial of 800 to 1,000 words, with screenshots and photos included to illustrate your points.
In addition to the list above, below are some other helpful Search Engines to assist with finding scholarships: