College Scholarships 2017-2018
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- True Blue Haiku Contest- April 6, 2018 ($500) Three scholarships will be awarded to SCHS students who are currently enrolled at MTSU for the Fall 2018 semester. Include your haiku, M#, and prospective major. Applications due to Mrs. Byrd in the counseling office.
- Stop Texting & Driving Scholarship - April 2, 2018 ($1,000) High School Juniors, Seniors, and full- time college students will create videos that help the fight against distracted driving.
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- MTEMC Scholarship- March 15 ($2,000) Scholarship candidates must be an MTEMC member or a child of an MTEMC member, and they must use the scholarship monies to attend a Tennessee 2 or 4-year accredited college or trade school.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- Shannon L. Martin Scholarship- April 1, 2018 Female, high school seniors in Rutherford Co. planning on attending a four-year college/ university, or a two-year community college.
- Big Sun Scholarship- June 19, 2018 ($500) The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Opens January 1, 2018 and closes March 31, 2018 ($500 to $5000)The HSF Scholarship is designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree.
- Tusculum Trustee Honors Scholarship- March 1st (full-tuition) 3.5+ GPA, 25+ ACT, submit an application and essay to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- NAPAA Scholarship- March 16, 2018 This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of scholarship, school activities, community involvement, personal statement, and recommendations. This scholarship will only be awarded to a permanent resident of Metro Nashville, Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Rutherford, or Wilson counties, Tennessee.
- AES Engineering Scholarship- October 6, 2018 ($500) Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question: When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women- Quarterly Deadlines: January 1, March 31st, June 30th, and September 30th every year ($1,000) Must be a female, graduating high school senior.
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Fund- March 3, 2018 All scholarships must be submitted with all completed information i.e. official copy of high school transcripts with minimum cumulative score of 3.0, copy of minimum ACT score of 22 or higher, student essay, and high school counselor's and/or teachers's letter of recommendations. African-American high school seniors must be a resident of Rutherford County and attend a Rutherford County School to be eligible for consideration.
- Sheltia S. Murray Scholarship- April 28, 2018 ($1000) The Sheltia S. Murray Scholarship will be awarded to a student who will be a Freshman in the Fall semester with a 3.0 minimum GPA and a minimum ACT score of 22.
- Middle Tennessee Association of Realtors Scholarship- April 6, 2018 This scholarship can be applied toward any accredited 2 or 4-year college whose physical campus is located within Bedford, Cannon, Franklin, Grundy, Marion, Moore, and Rutherford counties.
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarships- May 31, 2018 ($1000-$2000) high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Jubran M. and Judith H. Wakim Chemistry Scholarship- February 15 Given to an incoming full-time freshman Chemistry major who has successfully displayed scholarly achievement in high school.
- The Richard Siegel Foundation Scholarship- March 9, 2018 (up to $2,500 per student per year) Scholarships are limited to graduates of public high schools in the City of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County, Tennessee, as provided in the Charter of The Richard Siegel Foundation.To qualify for scholarship funds, students shall be required to possess the following: At least a 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative high school G.P.A., or its equivalent, OR a 20 composite A.C.T. score. Need for financial assistance.
- The A&F Scholarship- June 14, 2018 ($1,000) Available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America Scholarship- February 15, 2018 ($5,000) Write an essay on the impact that Alzheimer's Disease has had in your life.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarships- March 31, 2018 Applicants must be an African-American student, male or female, be enrolled as a full time high school senior in a Rutherford County high school. 3.0 GPA/ 21 ACT.
In addition to the list above, below are some other helpful Search Engines to assist with finding scholarships: