College Scholarships 2018-2019
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women- Quarterly Deadlines: January 1, March 31st, June 30th, and September 30th every year ($1,000) Must be a female, graduating high school senior.
- Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship- April 15 & October 15 ($500) Carefully research and compose an essay style Adobe Photoshop tutorial of 800 to 1,000 words, with screenshots and photos included to illustrate your points..
- Kids' Chance, Inc. of Tennessee Scholarship- Providing public high school, technical, vocational, and college scholarship awards to qualified applicants who have had a parent suffering a catastrophic, permanently disabling, or fatal injury pursuant to the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Act. e-mail questions to email@example.com
- Levine Scholarship- October 8 (four year scholarship) The Levine Scholars Program seeks outstanding high school seniors who are eager to embark on a transformative college experience. Students must be applicants for freshman enrollment at UNC Charlotte in an undergraduate program for the fall term immediately following their high school graduation.
- Lions Club Scholarship- March 1, 2019 ($500) There will be 1 female and 1 male awarded. 3.0 minimum GPA, Provide a 150 work minimum essay on "What it means to serve my community". Application attached to bottom of this web page.
- John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest-January 18, 2019 ($100-$10,000 prizes) Describe and analyze an act of political courage by a US elected official who served during or after 1917.
- Horatio Alger Association- Scholarships valued at $6,000-$10,000 available in every state to high school seniors planning to pursue a bachelor's degree
- Buchanan Fellowship- December 1st (tuition waiver, book fees, and more) For students with an ACT score of 29 or above and a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- B.Davis Scholarship- May 21, 2019 ($1,000) This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
- MTSU Scholarships- December 1 The Presidential Scholarship for ACT 25-29 & 3.5+ GPA receives $4,500 per year. Trustee Scholarship for ACT 30-36 & 3.5+ GPA receives $5,000 per year.
- Flavorful Futures Scholarship- February 15, 2019 ($5,000)
- Freedom Essay Scholarship Contest- January 18, 2019 ( $3,500) Write a 300-word essay about “The right and the power to vote. How does it impact our Freedom?”
- Tennessee Concrete Association Essay Contest- March 15, 2019 ($50-$250) Open to all students 16-18.
- The Coolidge- January 23, 2019 (4-year full tuition)
The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study.
- NAPAA Scholarships- February 26, 2019 ($1,000) For consideration, applicants must be permanent residents of the Metro Nashville, Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Wilson, or Rutherford county areas.
- OHM Diversity Scholarship- February 15, 2019 ($1,000) Women and minorities that are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a STEM program or other field of practice of OHM Advisors. Application at bottom of web page.
- Imagine America Scholarship- 2.5+ GPA, and also be committed to community service and financial need.
- Jack Diller Education Award- February 15, 2019 ($2,500) This scholarship takes into consideration academic achievement, athletic success and community involvement.
- Lions Club Scholarship- March 1, 2019 ($500) Provide a minimum 150 word essay on “What it means to serve my community” Application at bottom of web page.
- Sheltia S. Murray Scholarship- April 27, 2019 ($1000) 3.0 GPA & 22 ACT minimum.
- The Rutherford Education Association Scholarship- April 20, 2019 (&1,000) A one-time scholarship to a deserving Rutherford County senior student who expresses an interest in pursuing a career in education. Application in the counseling office.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation- January 1-March 1(Undergraduate & Associate Degree/ Career & Technical Education)
- Upsilon Sigma Chapter Scholarship- February 19, 2019. 150-200 word essay describing your accomplishments. Application in the counseling office.
- Quest Bridge- The 2018 National College Match application is now open. The deadline to apply is September 27, 2018.
We are looking for high school seniors who have shown outstanding academic ability despite financial challenge