College Scholarships 2017-2018
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- Textbook Scholarship- Apply before August 6th (1 semester worth of free textbooks) Textbook Brokers will be giving away a Textbook Scholarship to five incoming freshman for the 2018 Fall Semester at MTSU. This is a random drawing for senior students in the Middle TN area, and the winners will be contacted on Monday, August 6th.
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- Big Sun Scholarship- June 19, 2018 ($500) The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Opens January 1, 2018 and closes March 31, 2018 ($500 to $5000)The HSF Scholarship is designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree.
- AES Engineering Scholarship- October 6, 2018 ($500) Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question: When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women- Quarterly Deadlines: January 1, March 31st, June 30th, and September 30th every year ($1,000) Must be a female, graduating high school senior.
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarships- May 31, 2018 ($1000-$2000) high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- The A&F Scholarship- June 14, 2018 ($1,000) Available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship- April 15 & October 15 ($500) Carefully research and compose an essay style Adobe Photoshop tutorial of 800 to 1,000 words, with screenshots and photos included to illustrate your points.
- Blackman Community Club Scholarship- July 31, 2018 ($750) The Blackman Community Club would like to honor graduating senior(s) of Blackman High School and Stewart’s Creek High School with a $750 scholarship to be used towards a university, college, or technical school to further their education. We want to recognize this individual for their commitment to servicing our wonderful community. *Application attached at bottom of web page.
- B.Davis Scholarship- May 22, 2018 ($1,000) This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
- The Boise Realtors Scholarship- November 30, 2018 ($500) Submit a short essay (500 to 1000 words) describing your passion and volunteer work for your local community.
- Abbott and Fender Business Associates Scholarship- June 14, 2018 ($1000) The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- The Holloway High School Alumni Association Scholarship-May 19, 2018 ($250) Two scholarships available to outstanding Black students in the Rutherford County area. Applications in the Counseling Office.
- Kids' Chance, Inc. of Tennessee Scholarship- Providing public high school, technical, vocational, and college scholarship awards to qualified applicants who have had a parent suffering a catastrophic, permanently disabling, or fatal injury pursuant to the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Act. e-mail questions to email@example.com
In addition to the list above, below are some other helpful Search Engines to assist with finding scholarships: