College Scholarships 2017-2018
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- SeniorAdvisor.com Scholarship - December 31, 2017 ($2,000) 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town?
- Stop Texting & Driving Scholarship - April 2, 2018 ($1,000) High School Juniors, Seniors, and full- time college students will create videos that help the fight against distracted driving.
- AES Engineering- October 6, 2017 ($500) Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question:When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- Tennessee Tech Army ROTC Scholarship- December 15, 2017 ($1,000 academic/$1,500 housing) No military commitment! 3.0 GPA/22 ACT
- Profile in Courage Essay Contest- January 4, 2018 ($10,000/$1,000/$500/$100) 1st-2nd place, with 5 finalists, and eight honorable mentions awarded.
- Essay writer scholarship- November 1, 2017 ($500) You are required to write an essay consisting of 900-1000 words, following the MS Word Format.
- MTEMC Scholarship- March 15 ($2,000) Scholarship candidates must be an MTEMC member or a child of an MTEMC member, and they must use the scholarship monies to attend a Tennessee 2 or 4-year accredited college or trade school.
- 58th Annual Freedom Essay Contest- November 30 ($3,500) 300 word essay on the topic of freedom.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- School Notification System Scholarship- November 8, 2017 ($1500 & $500) Have you done something in the past year that has made a difference in your community? Write a 750 word essay that explains what you have done to help your community.
In addition to the list above, below are some other helpful Search Engines to assist with finding scholarships: