College Scholarships 2017-2018
It can be a full time task to find scholarships for which you may qualify. As we receive scholarship information, it will be updated on this site under the 2017-2018 Scholarship List below, so please check the website often for updates. In addition, colleges often have many more scholarships about which we are not informed.
Please visit the College/Career Planning page to find information about TN Promise and FAFSA.
Please request scholarship/financial aid information from the schools you are interested in attending by contacting their Financial Aid Offices or visiting their scholarship/financial aid websites. Many schools’ scholarship deadlines are early December so start planning now so you don’t miss their deadlines!!
The Scholarships below are currently accepting applications. Please read the eligibility and application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- SeniorAdvisor.com Scholarship - December 31, 2017 ($2,000) 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town?
- Stop Texting & Driving Scholarship - April 2, 2018 ($1,000) High School Juniors, Seniors, and full- time college students will create videos that help the fight against distracted driving.
- Levine Scholars Program- (full, 4-year tuition +) The Levine Scholars Program seeks exceptional high school seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- Tennessee Tech Army ROTC Scholarship- December 15, 2017 ($1,000 academic/$1,500 housing) No military commitment! 3.0 GPA/22 ACT
- Profile in Courage Essay Contest- January 4, 2018 ($10,000/$1,000/$500/$100) 1st-2nd place, with 5 finalists, and eight honorable mentions awarded. .
- MTEMC Scholarship- March 15 ($2,000) Scholarship candidates must be an MTEMC member or a child of an MTEMC member, and they must use the scholarship monies to attend a Tennessee 2 or 4-year accredited college or trade school.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships- Opens September 15 (up to $15,000) open to high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who will graduate or have graduated from a public, independent or homeschool association high school in 40 Middle Tennessee counties.
- National Beta Scholarship Program- January 25, 2018 (250 scholarships from $1,000-$15,000) Application opens November 1st.
- Jack Diller Education Award- February 9, 2018 ($2,500) write a 2-3 page essay explaining why you believe you are a deserving candidate. Students must be nominated by a teacher or coach.
- Shannon L. Martin Scholarship- April 1, 2018 Female, high school seniors in Rutherford Co. planning on attending a four-year college/ university, or a two-year community college.
- Discover Student Loans- December 31, 2017 ($2,500) Students and parents can enter by signing up to receive tips and resources on CollegeCovered.com. No purchase or loan necessary to enter or win.
- Big Sun Scholarship- June 19, 2018 ($500) The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Opens January 1, 2018 and closes March 31, 2018 ($500 to $5000)The HSF Scholarship is designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree.
- Tusculum Trustee Honors Scholarship- March 1st (full-tuition) 3.5+ GPA, 25+ ACT, submit an application and essay to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- NAPAA Scholarship- March 16, 2018 This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of scholarship, school activities, community involvement, personal statement, and recommendations. This scholarship will only be awarded to a permanent resident of Metro Nashville, Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Rutherford, or Wilson counties, Tennessee.
- Athena Scholarship- January 11, 2018 (8 scholarships available) The Nashville ATHENA Awards Program will bestow scholarships to honor the achievements of women in the greater Nashville metropolitan area.
- AES Engineering Scholarship- October 6, 2018 ($500) Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question: When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women- Quarterly Deadlines: January 1, March 31st, June 30th, and September 30th every year ($1,000) Must be a female, graduating high school senior.
- H&R Block Budget Challenge- January 11, January 25, & February 8 registration deadlines ($20,000) Teachers have six opportunities to participate in the Budget Challenge, September through April. Registration closes one week before each session’s start date, so be sure to sign up before it’s too late.
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Fund- March 3, 2018 All scholarships must be submitted with all completed information i.e. official copy of high school transcripts with minimum cumulative score of 3.0, copy of minimum ACT score of 22 or higher, student essay, and high school counselor's and/or teachers's letter of recommendations. African-American high school seniors must be a resident of Rutherford County and attend a Rutherford County School to be eligible for consideration.
In addition to the list above, below are some other helpful Search Engines to assist with finding scholarships: