[Updates are shaded RED]
Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 12th
, graduation practice will be held at the SCHS Football Field from 9:30AM-10:30AM
. Students participating in the graduation ceremony are required to participate in practice and should arrive 15 minutes early. Each student will receive 6 tickets for family and guests at the end of practice. Students should wear normal school clothing, and the weather forecast shows temperatures in the 50s and 60s.
Graduation is Wednesday, May 12th at 7PM
, on the football field. Students should arrive dressed in their caps and gowns and be seated before 6:30PM
. Gates will open for family at 5:30PM
, and seating is on a first come-first served basis. There will be handicapped parking close to the stadium for marked vehicles and seating in the track, which is level ground from the parking lot. We look forward to seeing you there!
More information regarding graduation and practice can be found by clicking on the Graduation Information page under the Students Tab on the school website.
The livestream for the ceremony can be accessed by the link on the school website, or by going to the RCS website and clicking on the Graduation Banner picture.
Students NOT participating in the commencement ceremony may pick up their diplomas beginning Thursday
in the front office of the school.
- If you have a name that you would like to ensure is read correctly during the ceremony, please click on the link to provide your contact information.
- Each graduate will receive SIX (6) numbered tickets for guests. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost. No entry will be allowed without a ticket. All ages require a ticket. Tickets will be provided to Seniors at the mandatory practice on Wednesday, May 12th, at 9:30AM.
- Jostens returned to SCHS on Thursday, April 8, to distribute cap and gowns. If you did not pick yours up, they will be available in the front office for pickup. Office hours are 7:45AM-3:45PM M-F. Parents are also welcome to pick up caps and gowns.
- Jostens returned on April 28 for students to purchase cords/stoles ($10/$15 each) for those who have/will earn Graduate with Distinction, Graduate with Honors, and/or Work Ethic Distinction. If you did not purchase on the 28th, please call Jostens at (931) 433-4632, to pay using a debit/credit card. Once Jostens confirms payment, Mr. Denton will leave the regalia in the front office for pickup (7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.). If you have any questions regarding these awards, please email your counselor directly. DL students and/or parents are welcome to come purchase these, as this will be the ONLY time Jostens comes for this purpose.
- For information on club/organization cords/pins, please contact the group's faculty sponsor directly.
- If you believe that you will have earned Perfect Attendance for grades K-12 or grades 9-12, please email Mr. Denton (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
- As the school has previously announced, seniors may decorate their graduation caps, provided that only the top of the cap is decorated, nothing is hanging off the sides, and that it is school-appropriate.
A brief graduation practice will be held on Wednesday, May 12, at 9:30 a.m. at the football field. Attendance is mandatory for Seniors. The practice will last less than 1 hour.
Students do NOT need to wear/bring their cap or gown for practice but must be wear normal school-appropriate clothing.
Other Important Details:
- Each graduate will receive SIX (6) numbered tickets for guests. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost. No entry will be allowed without a ticket. Tickets will be provided to Seniors at the mandatory practice on Wednesday, May 12th, at 9:30AM.
- Family members may be seated in the stands (home and away) or on provided seats on the track. You may sit with your family but must socially distance from other families. Graduates will be seated on the field facing the scoreboard.
- Noise makers, balloons, and signs are not permitted in the stadium.
- Once the ceremony concludes, there should be no loitering on campus.
- Handicap parking and seating (on the track-level) will be available. Signs will be posted when you arrive on campus.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed and recorded.
- Gates will open at 5:30 p.m.
For the safety of our graduates, staff, and guests, the following guidelines should be observed:
- If you are feeling unwell or have a fever, do not enter the stadium.
- Masks and distancing are required.
- Entry by ticket only. All persons require a ticket.
Please consider carpooling with family to promote social distancing, and plan to meet at another location off-campus for pictures, etc.
- Graduates should arrive and be seated at the football field by 6:30 p.m. (Graduates should return to the seat labeled with their name). Staff will be on hand to assist before and during the ceremony.
- Dress code for graduates: Dress pants and collared shirt for gentlemen (polo shirts are permitted). Dress, skirt, or dress pants for ladies. No jeans. Comfortable shoes (tennis shoes are allowed).
- You may throw away the white collars that were in the caps and gowns bags. We do NOT use them.
- Do NOT try to iron the gowns - they will melt. You may wish to hang your gown in a humid bathroom to let the wrinkles fall out.